KLCI ends +0.5% at 1345.99 on mild bargain-hunting but in thin volume of 660.5 million shares, retreating from an intraday high of 1348.30 as investors locked-in profits. Market breadth turned positive in last hour of trade trade with advancers outpacing decliners 448 to 395. Investors took their cue from surging Chinese stocks. Both local and foreign funds accumulated blue chips and some index-linked issues but thin volume traded reflects the cautious undertone. Expects KLCI to trade within 1339-1350 band Tuesday with investors taking profit on any rally ahead of Malaysia's 1Q GDP data due out after hours Wednesday.
TOMYAM SHOPPING LIST
TODAY AYAM TALK
- MAS 1Q Net MYR132.7M; May Buy 110 Aircraft
- Asian Shares End Up; Nikkei Rebounds, China Stks At New High
- OSK Keeps Buy On TgOff; Target At MYR4.20
- TA Keeps KNM As Buy, Target At MYR16.20
- Bearish Undertone May Drag KLCI To 1300 -Aseambankers
- OSK Starts Green Packet As Buy, MYR6 Target
- Local analyst says KEuro share price unlikely to rise substantially higher as currently trading at rich 13.5X forward PER vs average 10X for small- to medium-cap construction stocks - Local analyst said.
- Ranhill suspended at MYR1.81, likely to surpass all-time high of MYR1.94, test MYR2 (psychological support) on requotation tomorrow, say dealers; this after winning US$7 billion contract from unlisted Trans-Peninsula Petroleum to build oil pipeline across northern Malaysia to help ease congestion along busy Malacca Strait.
- RCE UP; Aseambankers Targets MYR1, Trading Buy
- Lafarge Up On 20 Sen/Shr Capital Repayment
- CS Keeps Outperform On Telekom M'sia,MYR12.20 Tgt